Monday, June 28, 2010

Day one.....

and it was an AMAZING day....

You know....One of those days that from the moment you wake up, things just seem to go your way!

Nothing extraordinary happened, but more importantly nothing bad happened either...the kids didn't kill each other....I wasn't driven to the brink of insanity by their bickering, and the house actually got somewhat clean! Yes it was an AMAZING day!
After being really inspired by all of the support and encouragement I received about my quest to be a better Mom so of course I was really excited to get started this morning on this new adventure. First thing...I sat the kids down and told them the news...."Kids, we will no longer be eating out"

Their first response surprised me a bit, when they asked, "Does eating at the Cajilgs Neighbors count as eating out?"

"Well.....I hope not!" was my reply!! I mean....it is homemade....so of course its okay, right?

After we all agreed that pigging out eating at our neighbors was okay....the kids were excited. They even said they wanted to help me do our meal plans.

Of course, there was no time for meal plans right then....I told them we would do it later, and told them that if they wanted to go to the pool the house needed to be within fire code Clean!

Who knew that this tactic would be so successful....the kids were off actually cleaning away doing the task I assigned them! It was such a tender sweet moment, that I may have even had to wipe a tear or two from my eye. It was Heaven.

So after they finished it was off to the pool we went!!

and besides a few....

I'm Hungry, I'm Board and Hungry,Mom,getting food from the snack bar isn't eating out,But.....Moooooooooooom I'm Hungry!!

It was great!!

It wasn't till we were on the way home that it hit me.....

Here it was almost 5:00, I barley had any groceries in the house, I had 4 hungry kids in the car and no plan of attack!!

"Why do I do this to myself" I thought as I drove home...passing our usual fast food fixes. Why didn't I prepare earlier in the day when I was so pumped up and ready to succeed???

I arrived home, looked in my freezer and shook my head in shame as I looked at a jam packed mess!! lol I pulled out some frozen hamburger and decided on making tacos!

Let me just tell you what a proud moment it was when after only 20 minutes my kids were eating a delicious edible, somewhat healthy meal!!

I thought, I can do this!!

I will not fall into temptation.....I will do this!!

Yes...it was an AMAZING day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment