Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Oops I did it again......

Okay so I will be honest...the last week has not been good!!

In fact if you look into our garbage can you will be disgusted by the site of Empty Cafe Rio containers, McDonald's Wrappers, Panda Express boxes and Del Taco Sauce..........and that's just to name a few!

I can admit when I have failed, so I admit it, I have failed!!!

However, I can also pick myself up from the ground, dust off my fat behind and start anew!! I even have a game plan.....Its called Dieting! That's right, I am starting a new diet, and with a new diet brings a new attitude against eating out! (Mostly because on this diet, its impossible to eat out!!)

Regardless...things are going to get a lot more healthy around here, real fast!!

Speaking of Health.....

This past week has SUCKED! A few months back (okay 5 months to be exact) I took my kids into the dentist. I didn't have dental insurance so when they told me how many cavities they all had, I think I started to cry! I decided to get dental insurance and wondered if I should wait out the 6 month waiting period! Unfortunately, being the lousy Mom I am, I never did sign up for the insurance and to top it off, I didn't get their cavities fixed either!! I know, I know, Mother of the Year!!

So anyways.....I hear about this Half Price Dentist office,that is actually a Dental School. I decide, oh what the heck, if it can save me $600.00, Why not?

So....into the dental Clinic we go!! After verifying that they are actual Dentist doing the work, and that its just the hygienists that are the students, I gave them the okay to go ahead with the dental work. After taking new X-rays and examining their mouths, they break the news to me that they have even more cavities then originally thought! I acted surprised since they had just been into the Pediatric dentist and all!! (They didn't need to know it was 5 months ago)

After assessing the new damage, the bill ended up being as much as it would have cost me if I had just went ahead and had them fixed at the Pediatric dentist!! So at this point I'm feeling even lousier then normal.......thinking Oh my goodness....here we are at some dental Clinic.....where there isn't even a TV on the ceiling for my poor little kiddos to look at!! Oh the Pity I was feeling for them!!

I have however decided that even though sometimes as Mom I suck, sometimes I rock!

Just today my oldest, most dramatic, daughter tried to convince me she was dying. Of course I knew she wasn't dying, but right away I knew it was something, in fact I would have bet that it was Strep! So after I let her know how mad I was going to be if I took her in and it was nothing, off we went to the Doctor! Wouldn't you know, I was right! It was strep......and for a few glorious seconds, when the Dr. told me I was right, I felt like the best Mother ever!!!

There is Hope......

1 comment:

  1. Don't beat yourself up over the dentist thing...hindsight is always 20/20. Besides, insurance or not, dental bills are ALWAYS expensive! Sometimes I feel like I should just drop the insurance and just save up my own money to pay the bills, but who am I kidding...that would never happen! Way to go on the strep-I'm usually wrong!

    ReplyDelete